- About Us
What started as a one-person operation more than 80 years ago, has transformed into a nationally recognized consulting firm of more than 550 engineers, architects, planners and scientists.
P.R. Bannister launched SEH in 1927 as P.R. Banister Consulting Engineer in North St. Paul, Minn. In 1934, the office was moved to St. Paul, Minn., to accommodate the growth in staff and clientele, and our name changed to Banister Engineering Company. We then moved to Roseville, Minn., in August 1970, and on October 1, 1971, changed our name to Banister, Short, Elliott, Hendrickson and Associates. The firm was incorporated on July 1, 1975. Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. was adopted as the firm's new name on July 1, 1977, and we are currently headquartered in St. Paul, Minn.
With the exception of a short time during World War II, we have provided professional consulting services continuously since 1927. Expanding in all directions from our original location in St. Paul, Minn., we have grown throughout the Midwest and Rocky Mountain area, with our work stretching across nearly 35 states.
This growth is the result of providing our clients with quality services and good communication as well as exercising concern for their needs. It is also evident that the growth of our firm can be directly attributed to the individual efforts of our staff.
From our founder P.R. Banister to the team of consultants we have today, our philosophy is based on providing high quality service and open client communication. We provide superior client satisfaction — always.