After he won an employee recognition award for creating an innovative app for SEH, we caught up with Chris Wolfgram, a protective coatings project manager based in the St. Paul, Minnesota office.
At SEH, we recognize employees through our Act of Excellence program. In it, employees can be nominated for excellence in one of three categories: Accomplishment, Character or Innovation. Chris won an Act of Excellence award for Innovation for creating an app that allows field inspectors to log information and generate Daily Reports using any device, reducing “paperwork” time significantly.
1. The word "innovation" to me, means _________. (Finish in fewer than five words.)
Creating a solution through improvement.
2. What do you love most about your job?
Variety. The ability to work across multiple disciplines with different people (both internal to SEH and SEH clients). I also enjoy the ability to work both within the office and out in the field.
3. What advice would you give to yourself when you first started in the industry?
There's always someone who knows more. Be willing to learn who knows more. Ask questions of them.
Related Content: Clean Water Insight
4. What motivates you?
I enjoy being challenged. To push my limits to a new level.
5. What’s your comfort food?
Cheese pizza. GOOD cheese pizza, from the East coast.
6. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
Barter! It wasn't given away and I didn't sell it! (Yes, I like to bend the rules sometimes.)