After he won an employee recognition award for all his work leading to the successful launch of the new SEH website, we caught up with Eric Gjerdingen. Eric is a multimedia specialist in our St. Paul, Minnesota office.
At SEH, we recognize employees through our Act of Excellence program. In it, employees can be nominated for excellence in one of three categories: Accomplishment, Character or Innovation. Eric won an Act of Excellence award for Accomplishment for his leadership, talent and perseverance, which led to the successful launch of the new client-centered SEH website.
1. The word "accomplishment" to me, means _________. (Finish in fewer than five words.)
Overcoming your fear and doubt.
2. What do you love most about your job?
Every task, from a simple one-hour job to a complex year-long project, offers its own unique, creative challenge. I am always doing something different and discovering something new, and I love it.
3. What advice would you give to yourself when you first started in the industry?
Your health is so important. Take a short walk every 15 minutes, give your eyes frequent breaks from the screen, stretch every day, and treat yourself to a massage once in a while.
4. Tell me about how you got into your line of work.
I started drawing when I was 10, and I guess I never really stopped. :-)
5. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
Titanoboa. Because 50-foot snake.
6. If you were on an island and could only bring three things, what would you bring?
Watercolor paints, brushes, and paper.