After he won an employee recognition award for outstanding customer service, we caught up with Todd Clark, an architect in the Appleton, Wisconsin office.
At SEH, we recognize employees through our Act of Excellence program. In it, employees can be nominated for excellence in one of three categories: Accomplishment, Character or Innovation. Todd won an Act of Excellence award for Character for his ambition and outstanding customer service. He received high praise and a letter of thanks from the client for all his work on a complex and challenging project.
1. The word "character" to me, means _________. (Finish in fewer than five words.)
Trustworthy, even keeled, spirited.
2. What do you love most about your job?
The diversity of projects, and the people I work with (both coworkers and clients).
3. What advice would you give to yourself when you first started in the industry?
No matter how difficult the problem, keep your wheels spinning, work hard, and good things will happen.
Related Content: Better Places Insight
4. Who is your role model, and why?
My Dad, for his strong work ethic, his steady demeanor, his leadership through action not words.
5. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
Elafonissi Beach, on the island of Crete, Greece. It was like walking into a dream.
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Skittle?
The purple ones.