Developing a Successful Industrial Park
Industrial parks are market driven. The key to a successful industrial park is learning what the business desires for industrial space. Proper market research will help establish park size, lot sizes, pricing, and covenants/deed restrictions. It will set the identity for your park - light or heavy industrial, mixed, types of businesses, and types of buildings. Once the market research is completed, you then can go to site evaluation/selection, financial analysis, project finance, and finally construction. By following each step, you can be assured of a successful industrial park, with the community enjoying the rewards of the increased property valuation and employment growth.
- Step One – Market research and planning
- Step Two – Site evaluation/selection
- Step Three – Financial analysis and planning
- Step Four – Project financing
- Step Five – Construction
SEH community development specialists have identified funding assistance programs for these industrial park projects.
Transportation Economic Assistance (Wisconsin Department of Transportation) Grant
- CTH M Relocation – Hawkins, Rusk County, Wis.
- Street and Utility Improvements – Whitehall, Wis. (Also, CDBG-PFED Grant)
- Industrial Park Roads – Thorp, Wis. (Also, SIB Loan Package)
- Water Tower – Rothschild, Wis.
- Wastewater Treatment Facility – Whitehall, Wis.
- Street and Utility Improvements – Ladysmith, Wis.
- Street and Utility Improvements – Black River Falls, Wis.