SEH's mission of Building a Better World for All of Us® includes providing equitable opportunities in the communities we serve, especially in the field of STEM.
One way to achieve this goal is by providing access for underrepresented populations to STEM education through tuition assistance, enhancing job readiness through internships, and providing job opportunities post-graduation.
The SEH Pathway to STEM Scholarship Program was launched in partnership with Scholarship America in 2022 to assist individuals pursuing degrees in specific STEM majors at select colleges and planning future careers in STEM fields. The second year of the program starts on February 1, 2023, with Scholarship America reviewing all submitted applications.
“The scholarship program and partnership are just one way to support SEH's commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging," said Jackie Zamorano, SEH chief people officer. "We want to invest in the next generation of STEM and provide young people from underrepresented communities access to pathways through education and into the STEM workforce.”
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $3,000 award. Up to six (6) awards will be granted for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Scholarship Engagement Committee will work to ensure that recipients exit the program with the knowledge, relationships, education, and connections necessary to launch a successful career in STEM. This will be achieved by engaging recipients through the following:
- SEH employee mentorship
- Engagement with schools eligible for the scholarship
- Internship opportunities and career opportunities upon graduation
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the SEH Pathway to STEM Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current college undergraduates
- Be majoring in a specific STEM field and planning to pursue a career in STEM
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at one of the following schools:
- Austin Community College, Austin TX
- Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Colorado State University, Pueblo, CO
- Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM
- North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
- North Iowa Area Community College, Mason City, IA
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
- Pueblo Community College, Pueblo, CO
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Saint Paul Tech College, St. Paul, MN
- South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Southeast Technical College, Sioux Falls, SD
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- United Tribes Technical College, Bismarck, ND
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI
- University of Wisconsin, Platteville, WI
To learn more and apply by the March 14, 2023, visit SEH Pathway to STEM Scholarship Program.