Real change starts with each of us.
At the core of SEH lies a deep-rooted commitment to Building a Better World for All of Us®. This represents who we are as a Company, what we stand for, and our focus toward making a positive, lasting impact.
We do this by empowering our employees, partnering with our clients, and working together to build a more sustainable future.
As an employee-owned company of engineers, architects, planners, scientists, and technical experts, we take pride in infusing sustainability into every facet of our work. Our vision goes beyond plans and projects; it's about cultivating positive change within the environment and recognizing our responsibility to those we serve and the world at large.
With every project, we strive to offer our clients climate-resistant, sustainable solutions, and internally, we adhere to an employee-crafted, action-based Sustainability Plan to reduce our carbon footprint.
At SEH, building towards a sustainable future is not just a promise – it's the cornerstone that defines who we are and what we stand for.
Together, our people are making an impact by:
- Utilizing SEH’s hybrid or remote work option to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from commuting and promote a healthy work-life balance
- Engaging and educating peers through our employee-led Sustainability Committee
- Taking proactive, measurable steps across all SEH offices to reduce SEH's carbon footprint
- Investing in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Green Globes Professional (GGP), and Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) accreditations – bolstering employee education and furthering application of professional design standards
- Increasing clients' awareness of SEH sustainable solutions
Together, our projects are creating safer, sustainable communities by:
- Defining sustainable project objectives and translating them into highly functional and cost-effective designs
- Employing a holistic approach to sustainable construction, blending advanced site analysis, green infrastructure, and eco-friendly materials
- Incorporating state-of-the-art mechanical and electrical systems, alongside comprehensive water management solutions that include collection, treatment, and reuse
- Protecting and revitalizing green spaces and natural ecosystems within projects, improving air and water quality while enhancing species biodiversity
- Reusing and retrofitting existing structures and facilities to improve their energy efficiency, durability, and performance to extend their service life, both saving clients' money on new construction and avoiding creating more landfill debris
- Designing trails, roads, bridges, water treatment plants, airports, and other critical infrastructure to offer improved resiliency under changing climatic conditions
- Integrating renewable energy sources, microgrids, battery storage, and smart technologies to enhance the reliability and resilience of power supply and distribution systems
- Incorporating inclusive and accessible design elements that prioritize the needs of diverse populations, ensuring equitable access, and participation for all community members
- Providing stewardship in sourcing and applying for environmentally conscious project grants
Together, we are Building a Better World for All of Us®.
West Bend Riverwalk Transformation
Discover how West Bend, Wisconsin, transformed its riverfront with a $9 million project, revitalizing the downtown and enhancing sustainability.
Transforming the Abandoned Upper Harbor Terminal into a Mixed-Use Development
In Minneapolis, Minnesota, this project involved turning the abandoned space into a sustainable mixed-use development, fostering community growth and environmental resilience.
Barnes Prairie Mitigation Bank
Barnes Prairie, approved as one of Wisconsin's largest mitigation banks, signifies a commitment to sustainable land management and the preservation of natural ecosystems.