The City of Apple Valley needed to renovate and expand its water treatment facility to meet the demands of the growing population and maintain its standard of high quality drinking water.
The SEH team partnered with the City to increase the capacity of the facility from 18 million gallons per day (MGD) to 24 MGD. The project team also constructed a 17,000 sq. ft. vehicle wash bay to help the City protect its investment in maintenance vehicles.
- Engineering Excellence Honor Award | American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota (ACEC/MN)
Apple Valley Water Treatment Facility Expansion
Apple Valley, Minnesota
City of Apple Valley
- Expansion of treated water capacity
- Increased capacity of backwash water processing and reclamation
- Upgrades to the SCADA computer control system
- Installation of dehumidification equipment to prolong the life of equipment
- Addition of vehicle wash bay
- Construction of 17,000 sq. ft. utility garage to address department space concerns
- External façade and architectural features
- Drinking water engineering