The City of East Chicago, Indiana needed to make long-range planning upgrades to waterfront near and in Jerose Beach Park along Lake Michigan.
A multi-faceted waterfront study guided nearly $40 million in strategic waterfront funds to help redevelop the community.
Waterfront Revitalization Initiative
East Chicago, Indiana
City of East Chicago
- Industry and Infrastructure
- Framework Plan
- Gateway Corridors Plan
- Lakefront Sub-Area Plan
- Economic Development
- Improved Lakefront Access
- Land-based Enhancements to Jerose Park
- Enhanced Wayfinding signage
- Upgraded amenities
- Environmentally sensitive site design and drainage and best management practices