The City of Kaukauna, Wisconsin was growing. And its city departments were all located in separate buildings. The buildings didn’t efficiently serve the needs of the community and were in need of repairs.
The City created a new 49,000 square-foot municipal services building campus housing the police station, city offices and municipal court. The new campus acts as a welcoming center for the community and home for City government. It is shared with the new fire station brought on line in November 2017. The consolidated campus will save taxpayer funds and was built with a focus on reducing energy consumption.
- 2017 BUILD Wisconsin Award | Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Wisconsin
Kaukauna Municipal Services Building
City of Kaukauna
- Emergency operations center
- Exercise facility
- Drive-through apparatus bays
- Decontamination facilities
- Divided EMS/fire apparatus bays
- Turn out gear rooms
- Day room
- Geothermal heating/cooling system
- LED lighting and large windows for natural light
- Electric car charging station
- Sustainable interior design elements