The City of Rochester required additional space to increase security at their government center, but because of site limitations, needed a solution to improve pedestrian circulation.
SEH worked closely with the County and Klein McCarthy Architects to provide an improved pedestrian experience. The landscape design added to the safety, convenience and comfort for pedestrians accessing the new building addition. The landscaping helped to frame and soften the addition and allow it to blend into the existing building. The native plants also assisted with the site's storm water management and added much needed beauty.
- 2018 Recognition Award | Committee on Urban Design and Environment (CUDE)
Olmsted County Government Center
- Improved site circulation
- Better storm water management through the use of native plants
- Added comfort and beauty for users
- Pedestrian Enhancements
- Construction Documents
- Construction Services
- Final Design
- Landscape Architecture and Design
- Preliminary Design