The City of Stevens Point was growing. It needed additional drinking water supplies to meet increasing demand from residential, commercial and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point users.
The SEH team designed a new groundwater supply well a new water treatment plant to meet the needs of the growing community. It was the largest capacity municipal groundwater supply project in Wisconsin. Its 10,000-gallons-per-minute supply capacity should serve the City with high-quality water for decades to come, without negative impacts on nearby property owners’ wells or the environment.
- 2014 Engineering Excellence Best of State Award | American Council of Engineering Companies of Wisconsin (ACEC/WI)
Stevens Point Well #11 and Treatment Plant
Stevens Point, Wis.
City of Stevens Point
- Largest high capacity municipal groundwater well in Wisconsin
- Largest set of ultraviolet disinfection reactors for a municipal groundwater treatment plant in Wisconsin
- Largest plate settler unit for groundwater treatment in Wisconsin
- Largest set of natural gas-fired electrical generators of any groundwater treatment plant in Wisconsin
- Drinking Water Engineering