Kikkoman Food, the world’s largest maker of soy sauce, produces more than 27 million gallons per year of naturally-brewed soy sauce, teriyaki marinade and a wide array of other sauces at its facility in Walworth, Wisconsin. The company has a robust environmental protection philosophy reflected in its core mission statement, and works diligently to comply with or exceed compliance standards for air and other emissions at its production locations. The company requires expert assistance to achieve required environmental standards
Through a long-term partnership, the SEH team has provided a full range of air quality and environmental services to Kikkoman, including:
- Preparing air equipment construction and operating permit applications
- Coordinating emission testing
- Air dispersion modeling
- Design and permitting for the installation of a thermal oxidizer
- Preparing an air emission model to calculate emissions from fermentation processes, combustion equipment, bulk material handling processes, bottling, and a dryer.
- SEH has also prepared Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, and other environmental management plans that help the Walworth facility operate sustainably.
Air Quality and Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Emissions testing
- Dispersion modeling