Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
A reliable mechanical and electrical system is the backbone of every great facility.
At SEH, our integrated mechanical, electrical, lighting, and controls engineering teams offer comprehensive solutions for building and infrastructure projects across the country.
Our engineers and designers collaborate seamlessly to deliver efficient and reliable systems. From facility HVAC, plumbing, and site utilities to industrial systems design, bridge lighting, outdoor roadway, and plant controls, we cover a wide range of disciplines.
We work alongside our clients to identify, specify, and implement reliable and efficient systems ‐ systems your staff will understand, and users will appreciate, even if they don't know it's there.
Our mechanical engineering team works across all SEH services to provide engineering services geared toward facility HVAC/plumbing and site utilities. We work across multiple areas such as municipal, water/wastewater, retail, federal, colleges/universities, and industrial/manufacturing. Our experts are not only skilled in facility design, but also possess expertise in the less common projects that require an understanding of corrosion protections and hazardous area classifications commonly found in industrial settings.
- Energy modeling
- Building management and controls
- Solar heat
- Air‐handling systems
- Building commissioning
- Fire Protection
- Hot water, chilled water, steam distribution
- Plant air systems
Our electrical engineering team has strong technical expertise in industrial systems design. We have a strong background in facility lighting, power distribution, and low‐voltage systems amongst a large variety of project types.
- Electrical systems studies (short circuit, coordination, load flow, and arc flash hazard)
- Medium voltage distribution
- Lightning protection and grounding
- Facility and area lighting
- Facility power distribution
- Main switchgear, switch boards, panelboards
- Photo‐voltaic systems
- Generators and transfer switches
- Motor control
- Plant PLC controls and instrumentation
- Classified hazardous locations
- Outside plant fiber optic distribution
- Facility fiber optic and Ethernet cabling
- Communications room design
- Data racks
- Cable tray
- Fire alarm and detection systems
- Mass notifications systems
- Door access systems
- IP networked camera Systems
Outdoor lighting is one of the best ways to impart community character and appeal. From high performance roadway lighting and decorative streetscape fixtures to custom fixture design and imaging, the SEH lighting design team plans for directional assistance, roads and bridges, parking facility safety and visibility, and pedestrian access. Aesthetics, function, energy efficiency, and long-term ease of operation are all part of the final design.
We address lighting performance while looking at your practical needs: operational costs, maintenance, and durability. Our designs minimize light pollution, conserve energy, and improve nighttime safety.
- Initial design concepts
- Preliminary budgets
- Energy analysis
- Construction assistance
- Final site review and aiming
- Lighting control and dimming
- Roadway lighting
- Park and area lighting
- Bridge lighting
- Color changing LED feature lighting
Our Controls team assists in plant controls on both the design side, and on the programming and implementation side. We assist in P&ID (Photo Ionization Detector) drawings, control system layout, specs, and instrumentation. We also provide programming services for HMIs and PLCs and partner with panel shops and installers to be able to provide all services of a new or upgraded control system.
- Programming plant MHI software
- Aviva Intouch
- Rockwell Factorytalk
- GE Cymplicity
- PLC programming
- Full Rockwell line (micrologix, compactlogix, control logix)
- P&ID plant layouts
- SCADA system assessments and design